Sunday, July 29, 2007

Man, it's hot, Rosebud.

Nova Scotia has been going through a bit of a heat wave, lately. It's a little better today, but the past few days have seen our house decorated with cats lying around like melted puddles of fluff.

I know how they feel.

As I said, it's been a busy week, but I had a lovely day off today, and completed this work. It combines a Raphael madonna and child with some text (a song title) from one of my hundred-year-old issues of Etude magazine. It has extra resonance for me because when I was born my mother apparently called me Rosebud (!)

My husband thought it was a Citizen Kane reference, though.

5 comments:

Krazy Kate Designs said...

incredible picture of your new work you have up! What's the temperature for a Nova Scotia heatwave?

stilettoheights said...

Oh I thought it was a Citizen Kane thing too....it is beautiful!!

The Dangerous Mezzo said...

Thanks, Jennifer!

Kate -- a Nova Scotia heatwave is 28-30 degrees Celsius with sticky humidity.

It's cooler by the coast, but it's still pretty nasty ...

Sarah said...

Oh lovely!

tworabbitshow said...

Oh my, your work is gorgeous. Your blog is such a treat.

I have east coast friends suffering through the heat too - my sympathies to you.