Wednesday, July 18, 2007

The early bird (and one early pony) ...

I got up pretty early this morning (8 am, that's really early for me) and got to work on a batch of ACEOs. (That acryonym stands for Art Cards, Editions and Originals, by the way, tiny works in any medium that measure 2.5" x 3.5").

Three of them are little birds, but the fourth one is the little black pony from "Fun with Dick and Jane". I have a very battered 1946 copy of the book, and I'm slowly cannibalizing it for art. I do remember reading these primers, although I must have read them at someone else's house because my Mum wasn't so into them. :)

Here are the finished works, on the desk that now serves as my collage worktop. I'm really happy with them, and will start listing them later today on Etsy ...

1 comment:

Penguin & Fish said...

Your work is beautiful. Can't wait to see more.