Favourite Artists on Etsy #4 -- The Mincing Mockingbird


This Los Angelies artist paints birds -- all kinds of birds -- with attitude. Most of the items for sale in his shop are birdy magnets, each one an original, tiny, hand painted gem of expressive avian art, and each one with a caption. As good as the art is (and it's excellent), I love the item titles and descriptions almost as much as the finished pieces. For example, here's the title to the above magnet: When Your Pet Is Vocalizing, It Is Always Saying This.

The magnet below has the following title: "Hmmm, I Wonder What It Is You Would Like For Breakfast"

The description is as follows:

"Why don't you go back to bed, or wherever you beaked vermin live and quit flappin' your gums about flapjacks.
Give us a G$#damn break. It's 5:30 a.m.
Sheesh.
"Oh, look, it's the sun! Ooooh, whoop de doo, let's wake up the entire neighborhood!" Enough! Wake me up at 10 and I'll make you some flapjacks. Until then, I'm closing the window.
SLAM."

I own two of them, and each one is unique, beautifully made and hilarious.

Want more? Check out mincingmockingbird's Etsy shop.

Comments

Popular Posts