Wonderful love -- a new collage



Here's one of my most recent collages -- a 5 x 7 overpainted portrait of an unknown woman, circa 1924. The background colours are very warm earth tones, which contrast nicely with the cooler face and body of the figure.

I always paint in layers, because even though I'm treating the surface as a decorative plane, layers of colour (some thin, some thick) give the piece greater depth. I love the effect of colours on top of one another. It just fascinates me.

This piece is on stretched canvas, but I need to get out my guillotine and chop up some illustration board for some less expensive pieces, including some new ACEOs. I feel very inspired to paint, lately -- it's partly starting up at ArtFire that's given me a bit of an energy boost.

Comments

Popular Posts