Day Fourteen (14): peace and friendship
Yesterday I was running around, getting ready to leave my lovely friends' house and go home to NS, and I noticed this framed piece: I'm not much of one for devotional phrases, but the prayer of St Francis is a pretty good one to have around, and it struck me that the last five days, in spite of their hectic colour, were truly about this at their core:
- Lord, make me an instrument of your peace.
- Where there is hatred, let me sow love.
- Where there is injury, pardon.
- Where there is doubt, faith.
- Where there is despair, hope.
- Where there is darkness, light.
- Where there is sadness, joy.
- O Divine Master,
- grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled, as to console;
- to be understood, as to understand;
- to be loved, as to love.
- For it is in giving that we receive.
- It is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
- and it is in dying that we are born to Eternal Life.