Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Whatever happened to Baby Jane? Eh?

Okay, I've immersed myself in WHTBJ for the last couple of days -- what a great film it is. Yeah, it's slightly shlocky horror, but, my lord, what performances ... Love it to pieces now, but it totally freaked me out as a little kid.

(As an aside, does anyone know the "Whatever Happened to Baby Dawn" parody that French and Saunders did? It's one of their best bits, and they had a lot of very good ones ... I couldn't watch Davis in the real thing without being reminded of French's spot on impersonation)

So, of course, it's all leaking out in the new art I'm doing. Here's a piece ... featuring the young Miss Davis.



And here's one with the young Miss Crawford ... She must have been one of the most beautiful women in Hollywood -- that bone structure is perfection.


Of course, they're both for sale at my Etsy Store (shameless plug) ...

4 comments:

stilettoheights said...

WHTBJ is one of my favorites, so trashy and fantastic...and you actually like Joan Crawford in it, so vulnerable...

Love it, love you!

Helen | Pepperina Press said...

Betty Davis is fabulous. Tough girl.

I always remember what she said when asked her thoughts on dying:

"I want millions of flowers…I want everyone to weep. Copiously".

kristen k said...

I love this!

Sister Mary Martha said...

The first time I saw that movie, I thought Joan Crawford had been found in time on the beach and wasn't dead.

The second time I saw the movie, I thought, "how could I ever have thought she was alive at the end of this?"

The third time I thought she might be alive again.

What do you think? Alive or dead.