Punky Colour Fire Red ombre hair diy


So I bought this jar of Punky Colour Fire Red semi-permanent hair dye a few weeks ago out of a fit of intense boredom with my greying, ash-blonde streaked brown hair.

I have played with hair colour for decades, moving from various red/brown combinations in my twenties and thirties to a more staid and light look that I thought was suitable for my age.

But I'm so BORED! I want my hair to be fun and I really want it to reflect who I feel I am inside, which is not a polite middle aged woman.

I had directed Orpheus in the Underworld this summer and had bought some gorgeous ombre wigs for a few of the goddesses.  Then I searched for any examples of women over 50 (hell, over 30 would have done) doing this -- couldn't find anything except Helen Mirren's really pretty pink hair.

Today I finally said, "Let's go!:, I don't care", and dyed it red ombre.

Here's what I did:  Painted on the colour on the bottom three inches of my hair quite thickly, waited 20 minutes, then painted very lightly on the three inches above that, and timed for a final 20 minutes.

And I love it. I don't know what I'm going to do with it but it just plain makes me happy :)


Comments

Inksgirl said…
Thank you so much for the tutorial. I have tried these with a light weight knit fabric...can we say disaster???? I did not have directions or a pattern, this will help!

Popular Posts